Questscope Marketing & Communications Manager
March 2021 | Full Time
Preferred location: Twin Cities, Minnesota but open to consideration
Hello Hello! Questscope is recruiting a Marketing & Communications Manager. So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
We invite you to submit a Resume and Cover Letter (required) in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted through February 26, 2021 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Alight is our partner and you will be hearing from their hiring team to coordinate the recruitment process and to meet the Questscope team.
For 30 years, Questscope has walked alongside young people whose lives are ravaged by war and poverty. We provide emergency assistance, alternative education, mentorship, and places to bloom again where hope is possible.
Questscope created an alternative learning program (Non-Formal Education), in partnership with the Jordanian Ministry of Education, that enables youth who left school to continue their education to the compulsory 10th grade level and continue on to vocational training or re-enroll in the formal education system. This program combines a safe environment designed for young people who have been through traumatic experiences with a curriculum that encourages youth leadership and critical thinking. It helps them restore normalcy in their lives and develop future goals.
An important growth area for Questscope is refugee mental health, as there are few resources to assist the 65 million displaced persons in the world, most of whom have suffered great loss and have witnessed unspeakable horror. We’re developing social technologies for people to experience healing inside themselves and to accompany others in their healing.
In the current crisis inside Syria, Questcope supports over two million people who have been made homeless (internally displaced) by this conflict. Through our partner, The Syrian Society for Social Development (SSSD), a network of 5,000 staff and volunteers supply food, medicine, water/sanitation, and shelter in 100 locations across Syria. They also provide psychosocial counseling, protection care for the most vulnerable, and education for out-of-school children. Questscope and SSSD have been partners since 2009.
The Questscope Marketing & Communications Manager drives and unifies customer experience, brand purpose, creative communication, and marketing technology. The role is key to ensuring Questscope meets its plans for continued impact and growth. You will deliver the Questscope brand vision and manage the customer/donor experience across all communications touch points and intersections: print, digital, mobile and more. Marketing does not end at a donation, but instead must focus on the relationships with new and existing customers in order to drive further growth. Reporting to the Growth Development Director, this position will engage and collaborate with team members across the organization and with the senior leadership team.
As Marketing & Communications Manager, you will design, implement and monitor effective marketing and communications strategies that align with Questscope’s business goals. Keys to your success include:
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Build the Marketing department’s budget, and take the lead on continuous redesign and review to achieve goals
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Lead teams of in-house and outsourced marketing and creative resources
- Responsible for effective use of marketing technology and digital channels
- Lead and drive collaboration among team members and consultants
- Create and execute communications strategies that articulate Questscope’s value proposition and brand voice to external audiences through social media, web site content, and communications materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, donor campaign materials, presentation decks and other tools.
- Ensure all projects are publication-ready: lead quality control, coordinate and manage relevant vendors, and oversee and/or implement all back-office details.
- Manage the content creation process for internal and external communications– from conception to, content gathering, writing, editing, publishing and coordinating the team. Gather content (including stories, photography, videos, or other media collection), make contacts with colleagues in Jordan, and create mechanisms for others to help in content creation and collection.
- Design and execute strategic communications plans to tell the story of Quetscope’s work with our key external audiences and to help articulate how Questscope and our supporters can work together.
- Proactively look for and develop new opportunities to elevate the Questscope brand. Manage existing opportunities and partnerships to maximize external stakeholder engagement and mutual brand lift.
- Offer strategic guidance and counsel to teammates within the organization who want to promote initiatives, externally or internally.
- Manage administrative tasks related to the responsibilities highlighted here.
Other duties as assigned
Collaboration + Flexibility: Collaboration within and beyond the organization is key to success. You will work with others in proactive and participatory ways that generate understanding and shared thinking. You are creative and open to new ideas and seek out opportunities to work with others.
Humility: You are a continual learner who is open to exploring and understanding the unique views and needs of others. You bring an openness to new ideas and ways of thinking and are willing to engage in the participatory and spiritual distinctives of Questscope. You embrace the view that standards and expectations apply to all and that you are a member of a collaborative team.
We have exceptional products and services to promote and we need you to ensure our stories are told. We seek a strong communicator, adaptable storyteller, and inventive marketer who can develop business and messaging strategy from initial stages through implementation
Our ideal candidate has a solid Marketing and/or Communications background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques. To be successful in this role, he/she will be expected to play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic planning. Our ideal candidate will also be no stranger to making magic happen with a small and nimble team—he/she will have the vision, belief, and ingenuity to think outside the box to achieve goals. Some travel may be required including internationally, up to approximately 20%
To succeed in this role, you must possess the following experience and skills:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing, communications, copywriting, promotion, and media planning/buying, or other relevant marketing/communications disciplines
- Creative spark: generative, creative courage, unafraid to try and bring new things into the world.
- Independent and autonomous, happily taking ownership of whatever falls in your lap
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact confidently, empathetically, and collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills: proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and meet financial goals
- Experience with web-based communications systems such as Classy, MailChimp, Double the Donation and Raiser’s Edge
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with a remote team and work independently in meeting goals
- Ability to motivate and work with volunteers and interns
- Understanding of international global political issues and forces, particularly in the Middle East, a plus
- Experience with international relief or development organizations and refugee issues desired
- Experience and past proven success achieving goals and reach with smaller organizations or lesser-known brands
What we offer - Benefits
- Learning & Development: Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
- Health, dental, and MedEvac Insurance: We strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. We cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
- Retirement: We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
- Generous Leave Time: Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
Questscope/Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Questscope/Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
send us your resume
Learn more about what we do
Join our team and transform lives